Chicken salad is a classic and a frequent sight at summer potlucks and luncheons. But the PUFA oils and high carb breads it usually comes with put a damper on what should be a good thing. Thankfully, this recipe offers a healthy re-do that satisfies a paleo, Primal, and keto standard—not to mention appetite.
Next time you cook up a chicken dinner, prepare a bit extra to put together this easy dish. It makes for a perfect workday lunch or fast weeknight meal.
Time in the Kitchen: 20 minutes (not counting chicken cook time)
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh meat, cooked & shredded
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- ½ cup Primal Kitchen® Mayo
- 2 teaspoons Primal Kitchen Spicy Brown Mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
Cover bowl and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Just before serving, toss with chopped pecans. Serve in butter lettuce cups.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
- Calories: 485
- Total Carbs: 2.2 grams (1 gram net carbs)
- Protein: 52 grams
- Fat: 31 grams